Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Morning after!!

Options
  • 31-07-2016 9:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭

Not sure where to post this question but as regards driving it is still allow 2 hours per pint for alcohol to leave the system ? Say 4 pints then you are safe to drive in 8 hours ? Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

It is only a general guideline. Some people may need even more time to be sure they are below the limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Not sure where to post this question but as regards driving it is still allow 2 hours per pint for alcohol to leave the system ? Say 4 pints then you are safe to drive in 8 hours ? Any ideas?
    Lots of variables e.g. ABV%, gender, weight.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 15,282 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

General rule of thumb is if you're not sure don't risk it.

There's far too many variables to be concrete on a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

My view on it is if you have hangover or feel any bit rough your not fit .

I'm a 5,11 male , 13 stone , and if I drank 4 pints I wouldn't drive 8 hrs after . its just to risky legally and safety wise .

I'd get drinking water and orange juice , get food into you and give it another 4 hours , .. At least

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Allinall

I think it would focus people's mind more if they concentrated on
    "I am not allowed have X/Y mg of alcohol in my blood"
    rather than ask
    "Am I allowed drink A/B amounts of pints".

• Advertisement
Advertisement