Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mister-auto.ie - anyone purchased from them?

Options
  • 30-07-2016 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭

I'm about to buy few bits and pieces for my car from them.
    Prices seem to be considerably cheaper than any other online part store in Ireland...

Have anyone bought from them before, and have any feedback.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

CiniO wrote: »
    Prices seem to be considerably cheaper than any other online part store in Ireland...

Thanks.

I have. Never any bother. Other people have had very mixed experiences. Definitely another thread here somewhere, assuming you mean mister auto not mister aute

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Thanks.

Yep loads of times and never had a problem only delivery is a bit slower than mick garage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

Ordered a sump pan and a heap of filters a few weeks back. Delivered by DPD and tracked,within 7 days. Will use again. By the way the sump pan was half the price compared to Micks Garage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭H.E. Pennypacker

Delivery is a lot slower than the alternatives. If you're not in a hurry its fine but their estimated delivery times are way off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

I ordered timing belt kit Wednesday was delivered by Friday, paid a few extra Euro for express DHL delivery . Timing belt.kit was 60 Euro cheaper than micks garage. Crazy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Not being a schill but Pr Reillys are very well priced if you talk to them

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Yeah loads of times. A few mistakes but they always refund with no hassle.
    Sent me wrong wipers before. Shipped me out correct ones and I could keep the ones they had already sent me. Then sold them on adverts :)

Recently, sent me a filter for the 520 but it didn't fit correctly. Full refund no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Ordered twice, got wrong parts twice.

Long shipping times if items not in stock. Poor communication on the last cock up, dragged out for a few weeks. Prices are good, not a lot else is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭screamer

Yep and order never arrived got emails to say that had attempted delivery..... but no one ever knocked on the door. Eventually they refunded me as I never received what I ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Magown3

Ordered stuff 4/5 times with them and never a problem. As said before, sometimes they don't have all of your order in stock and if that's the case, they split the shipping.

Some of the parts I ordered were 1/2 the price of same part, same manufacturer, on MicksGarage!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,301 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Some good prices on that website. Has anyone used any of their Bölk brand parts, in particular the brake discs and pads.
    Bölk is Mister-Auto’s own label which is often a lot cheaper than the OE brands we also have in our offer.Of course Bölk parts are completely in accordance with existing EU regulations on car parts and safety regulations.Bölk consists of about 2000 references of car parts for all makes and models.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,421 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Ordered once from them..oil filter and pollen filters for bww 5 series and arrived promptly ...no complaints.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Ordered about 3 - 4 times from them and always weeks waiting and something wrong with every order. Pain in the arse tbh. Checked last time and could have saved 70 quid on an item going with them but still didn't bother as always had a problem before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kdevitt

About 20 orders at this stage. Perfect each time - delivered on time, no problems with incorrect parts and substantial savings.

Pays to keep an eye on the likes of ECP and GCF - their discount codes will occasionally see their prices come in at less than Mister-Auto.

kdevitt wrote: »
    About 20 orders at this stage. Perfect each time - delivered on time, no problems with incorrect parts and substantial savings.

Pays to keep an eye on the likes of ECP and GCF - their discount codes will occasionally see their prices come in at less than Mister-Auto.

Ecp I get. Usually check them too.

Gcf? Do you mean gsf?

Carparts4less seem to be an alter ego of ecp. Can be minor differences in price/offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭debabyjesus

If you want specific quality brands and have time to wait they are great. When something goes wrong they are terrible. They say delivery takes 2 or 3 days and that's usually accurate but it could take them a week or longer to actually mark it as shipped then add the 2 or 3 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Ecp I get. Usually check them too.

Gcf? Do you mean gsf?

Carparts4less seem to be an alter ego of ecp. Can be minor differences in price/offers.

Yeah typo, GSF

kdevitt wrote: »
    Yeah typo, GSF

I was getting excited at the possibility of more competition in online car parts offers. Oh well!;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Vowel Movement

I ordered from them a few times. No problems and the parts were always well packed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Using them on and off for a few years. Never any problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,293 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Ordered a few times.
    Only order if you have weeks to spare so they are ideal for planned servicing etc as you will get genuine parts at a great price.
    My history with them is mixed. Orders take weeks to arrive if you don't pay for express.
    I ordered front discs and pads.... 1 disc arrived.
    got in touch, no real hassle and they sent out 2 more discs so I still have a spare disc.
    Another time I order wipers and the left hand drive version arrived. They refunded money and told me to keep them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,655 ✭✭✭corks finest

Thanks.
    Yes several times,no problem,fast delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Thanks everyone.

Generally feedback looks good, and only issued really listed are about long delivery times.

I just need some servicing parts and radiator (as mine had a slow leak for last year so I need to change it).
    Service is due in couple of weeks so I'm not in hurry at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

They and euro car parts are the only sites I look at.

Nearly every time I look at ecp they seem to have a sale on too of 25% or so off and its only 3.95 for DPD courier delivery.

Never had any problem with either but I slightly prefer ecp personally as they seem to offer actual OEM parts more consistently as well as the usual cheapy brands.

They were the only place I found selling lemforder wishbones recently for my car for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭RootX

Placed a fairly large order(15x parts, ~400 euro) two months ago - account was charged as soon as the order was placed.

4 days later, received an automated message suggesting a couple of parts were out of stock(website was still showing them in-stock btw) and a refund was issued. Wasn't impressed, especially while there were alternative parts available - I was expecting a call to discuss whether I wanted any of the alternatives.

2 days later, similar message suggesting 1 spark plug out of 4 was out of stock and refund is on the way. Called support to have the 3 remaining plugs removed from the order (other shops were selling them in packs of 4), was told the order is at a stage where it couldn't get changed.

Order dispatched after a day or two and was sent tracking number; 5 days later the parcel was still in Belgium. Numerous calls to support, the parcel got lost apparently and had to wait 3 weeks for their investigation to complete before I got my money back.

Very bad experience and won't be using them again.

Advertisement