Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I get a 17" laptop?

Options
  • 30-07-2016 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭

The moves seem to be toward smaller laptops these days. But I am looking for a business laptop with the following spec. Any of the ones I see with 17" screens are for gaming etc which is overkill for me. This'll be for business use and I tend tohave a lot of windows open, hence 8GB RAM. Any suggestions where I could buy this?

17" screen, mostly Office 365 use, maybe watch the odd streamed movie.
    Win 10 Pro
    8GB RAM
    256GB SSD
    USB 3
    Long working time on battery
    Not too worried about size or weight.

Many thanks for any suggestions.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

17" machines are rare these days, but Dell does still sell a few. The Inspiron 17 looks like a decent option, although I don't have any experience with this model. From looking at their site it doesn't appear that they offer this model with an SSD, but it would be pretty cost effective to buy a 256GB drive and pop it in yourself. 256GB SSDs are very cheap these days, so you can get a mid quality one for a decent bit under €100 on Amazon.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭aabarnes1

deandean wrote: »
    The moves seem to be toward smaller laptops these days. But I am looking for a business laptop with the following spec. Any of the ones I see with 17" screens are for gaming etc which is overkill for me. This'll be for business use and I tend tohave a lot of windows open, hence 8GB RAM. Any suggestions where I could buy this?

17" screen, mostly Office 365 use, maybe watch the odd streamed movie.
    Win 10 Pro
    8GB RAM
    256GB SSD
    USB 3
    Long working time on battery
    Not too worried about size or weight.

Many thanks for any suggestions.

Try this http://teradatariver.com/327/best-17-inch-laptop/

Advertisement