Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When did call of duty go bat s**t Crazy

Options
  • 30-07-2016 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭

When did call of duty just go to far. The latest one is set in outer of space.

I know games change over time, but cod1 and 2 were great.
    I think it went down hill after WaW

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Black Ops 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

i started losing interest with WaW, COD4 was the pinnacle for me, not surprised they're flogging the new COD with with it and not by itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Call of Duty is an awfully dull franchise and I lost interest after World At War. It's just a parody of itself. People will buy it every year like Fifa or whatever, and at the high price it commands on PC is silly. Look elsewhere.

Modern Warfare seemed to bring about all of the crappy online communities, montage parodies, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

The thing about the more recent games is I can't remember much about the storylines or the characters after I finish them.
    Some of the levels and gameplay can have good moments though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭weisses

After they stopped being dedicated to dedicated servers :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Its strange,the only people who usually start these COD threads are people who dont wanna talk about the game but just bash the series for whatever reason. I dont get it really,why would you wanna waste your time talking about something you dont like?

Its almost like its hip these days to hate COD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It's a shame the way it's gone because up until the first Black Ops it was an excellent franchise. I hate the way it's gone now - semi-futuristic with huge emphasis on jetpacks/wall running and cartoon-like customization.

Loading up an MP match and you're greeted by a loadout of two teams that look like they came from a Marvel comic.

It's still pretty playable but I just lost interest starting with Black Ops 2. And for me it is a big loss because there isn't anything like it out there either. Whether you feel Battlefield is better or worse, it's still not Call of Duty.

I'm really looking forward to the remaster of COD4 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

EoinHef wrote: »
    Its strange,the only people who usually start these COD threads are people who dont wanna talk about the game but just bash the series for whatever reason. I dont get it really,why would you wanna waste your time talking about something you dont like?

Its almost like its hip these days to hate COD.
    Cod was great , it really was, it was the stand out fps. My question is when did just become stupid. Maybe its because im quite old school, but when they brought out the classes in multi player, then i started to lose a bit of interest in it but i played on, But i think when it just started to become rehashes every year and became science fiction, then it was starting to get pointless.
    I know they couldn't do ww2 forever, but i think they removed the single player part ( as in its not important) of the game and now only focus on Multi player.
    but now , its just become science fiction. Im just want to know when did it just lose it appeal for people

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

bpb101 wrote: »
    Cod was great , it really was, it was the stand out fps. My question is when did just become stupid. Maybe its because im quite old school, but when they brought out the classes in multi player, then i started to lose a bit of interest in it but i played on, But i think when it just started to become rehashes every year and became science fiction, then it was starting to get pointless.
    If you were really old school you'd say it lost it's way when it became about multiplayer. The original world war games where experiences. It presented war games in a new immersive story driven way. Then it turned into a multiplayer money making machine. I have zero interest in the current style over substance way they go about the series now. It just seems like mindless eye candy and I've about as much interest in it now as I do in postman pat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

ScumLord wrote:
    If you were really old school you'd say it lost it's way when it became about multiplayer. The original world war games where experiences. It presented war games in a new immersive story driven way. Then it turned into a multiplayer money making machine. I have zero interest in the current style over substance way they go about the series now. It just seems like mindless eye candy and I've about as much interest in it now as I do in postman pat.

That's it for me too. The first two were amazing games. After that I lost interest .

• Advertisement

ScumLord wrote: »
    i always loved the multiplayer in cods, but i always played them after the sp. Now i just wouldn't see any point whats so ever in it. i think once perks came in as well as any player can have any gun, made it just the same every year.. Thats what lost interest for me

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

When cod 4 came out.

weisses wrote: »
    After they stopped being dedicated to dedicated servers :D

I remember being in a friends house playing Modern Warfare 2 and the multiplayer pauses while the server started migrating, presumably because the host left the game. I was like WTF! So hang on, there's no dedicated servers? And some random Joe is hosting the game? Disgusting behaviour.

I remember being in a friends house playing Modern Warfare 2 and the multiplayer pauses while the server started migrating, presumably because the host left the game. I was like WTF! So hang on, there's no dedicated servers? And some random Joe is hosting the game? Disgusting behaviour.
    during the Wii phase I got waw on the Wii. If the host left, the game ended.
    If you look at all the cods at least 1-4 they were all community hosted servers. I think in mw2 they got rid of that and replaced it with matchmaking.
    I ducking hate match making. I play csgo from time to time but what ruins its is Russian kids mic spamming. I love going on to one server and becoming a regular on that server.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Doesn't CS:GO have dedicated servers?

It was definitely when it switched to a 100% console game with the removal of servers and the yearly release cycle.

Shiminay wrote: »
    Doesn't CS:GO have dedicated servers?

It was definitely when it switched to a 100% console game with the removal of servers and the yearly release cycle.

It does have dedicated servers. There is a server browser. Vavle's match-making servers are only 64 tick though which has caused some distress.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

I enjoy Black Ops 2 but haven't touched any of the modern ones, can't be arsed with jetpacks and the like. It's probably a symptom of the younger audience the game seems to attract now.

Advertisement