Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property to Rentl

Options
  • 30-07-2016 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi, I have just got myself a job in Waterford and i am now looking to rent a property in the area . My budget is no more than 550e a month maybe a 2 or 3 bedroom place in the city or just outside within commuting distance (have car). Also can anyone suggest a nice area to live in ? . Much obliged for any suggestions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

mrgeezer wrote: »
    Hi, I have just got myself a job in Waterford and i am now looking to rent a property in the area . My budget is no more than 550e a month maybe a 2 or 3 bedroom place in the city or just outside within commuting distance (have car). Also can anyone suggest a nice area to live in ? . Much obliged for any suggestions

Good luck with that - you obviously haven't looked at Daft yet or you'd know that you won't possibly get a 2/3 bedroom property in a nice place for that money. You'll need to decide what your priorities are and compromise.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,934 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

mrgeezer wrote: »

do you have kids? you wont get your own place for that kind of money

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭dzilla

You may pick up a 2 bedroom apt on bridge street / o connell street area. However if you need car parking you will need to get a residants permit off the council if none is provided with the apt. With regard getting a house in a suburb for 550, I think you will need to come up to 700 for any other area, and 850+ for Ardkeen area and expect to be up against it with a number people usually in the market for any house in that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mrgeezer

Thanks for all the replies, have seen some on Daft.ie and a few other sites. Dont mind were it is as long it is within commuting distance.

Thanks for all the replies, have seen some on Daft and a few other sites. Don't mind were it is as long it is within commuting distance. Would even consider a 1 bedroom as it only myself at the moment with my wife coming down after i settle in .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

No hope of 550 anyway unless you have to drive far. You're talking 750 anyway.

Id say go for a room out the Dunmore Road beside the hospital and drive down the ring road every day.

Has I stated before I have a car so I don't mind driving , looking on Daft last night and seen about 8 properties in and around Waterford all within my price range so going to ring them up today to arrange viewing for this week hopefully . Anyone know a good reasonable place to stay for a few days while i am down there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭dzilla

Mid week you should get great value. Good few BandBs on the cork road. Air B+B would have some good places aswell.

Advertisement