Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Isofix base and the nct

Options
  • 30-07-2016 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

Can you leave the isofix base in the backseat during an nct?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,429 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Yes but if it's present they check it's all fitted correctly. More to go wrong IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭macgrub

TheChizler wrote: »
    Yes but if it's present they check it's all fitted correctly. More to go wrong IMO.

Very good point

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

macgrub wrote: »
    Very good point

It is a visual retest only, so free - at least you'll be sure it is fitted properly...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭markpb

grogi wrote:
    It is a visual retest only, so free - at least you'll be sure it is fitted properly...

The alternative is to find out in a crash that it wasn't fitted properly.

markpb wrote: »
    grogi wrote:

The alternative is to find out in a crash that it wasn't fitted properly.
    Absolutely it's a good thing to have it checked, I was thinking occasionally I have a car seat in the car, but unless theres a child in it I only have it loosely secured.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Sorry, but what can go wrong with isofix child seat base during NCT? I don't really get your point.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭The_Chap

CiniO wrote: »
    Sorry, but what can go wrong with isofix child seat base during NCT? I don't really get your point.

Agree, if you're worried about fitting isofix you shouldn't be fitting car seats full stop!

CiniO wrote: »

Never used one! But Murphy's Law, if it's possible for it to go wrong it will go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Madness...
    Funny how people would value a repeat NCT over their kids safety.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

Are they not fool proof? In that they only click once both latches are secured?

• Advertisement

Pkiernan wrote: »
    Madness...
    Funny how people would value a repeat NCT over their kids safety.
    As I said people have different safety standards if the kids aren't in the car or not. If I've a car seat in ill check it every time there's a child, only make sure the belt is around it if not.

D0NNELLY wrote: »
    Are they not fool proof? In that they only click once both latches are secured?
    Might not be clicked in. Just sitting there. But we've gone far beyond the OP's question now.

Advertisement