Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Motortax.ie PSE check

Options
  • 29-07-2016 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hey all,

I bought my first car recently from a dealer (bit of a shady dealer, but still), and they said they'd send off the logbook to have the change of ownership done, I've never done this process before so am just a little concerned about everything.

I bought the car on July 14th. When I'm checking motortax.ie for an update on the change of ownership all it says it:

Change Of Vehicle Ownership
    Purchased by a Dealer on : 30/06/2016

Notified on : 22/07/2016

Vehicle Registration Certificate
    No Vehicle Registration Certificate issued in the last 3 months

Which makes me think the dealer only notified Shannon of the change of ownership for them, after I bought the car?

I'm curious as to how long this process takes in general, dealer told me about 2 weeks which it's just been.

I'm just concerned about the whole process as AXA have told me I only have 3 weeks to provide them with a copy of my vehicle registration certificate and if unsuccessful my policy will be cancelled.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

mckinnon94 wrote: »
    Hey all,

I bought my first car recently from a dealer (bit of a shady dealer, but still), and they said they'd send off the logbook to have the change of ownership done, I've never done this process before so am just a little concerned about everything.

I bought the car on July 14th. When I'm checking motortax.ie for an update on the change of ownership all it says it:

Change Of Vehicle Ownership
    Purchased by a Dealer on : 30/06/2016

Notified on : 22/07/2016

Vehicle Registration Certificate
    No Vehicle Registration Certificate issued in the last 3 months

Which makes me think the dealer only notified Shannon of the change of ownership for them, after I bought the car?

I'm curious as to how long this process takes in general, dealer told me about 2 weeks which it's just been.

I'm just concerned about the whole process as AXA have told me I only have 3 weeks to provide them with a copy of my vehicle registration certificate and if unsuccessful my policy will be cancelled.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Ring the dealer....

• Registered Users Posts: 13 mckinnon94

Ring the dealer....

Did that today, and all they said was that they sent off the logbook after I bought the car on the 14th.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭amdaley28

mckinnon94 wrote: »
    Did that today, and all they said was that they sent off the logbook after I bought the car on the 14th.

You should have had it by now.
    I bought a car on the 8th July & had the documents back about a week later.
    Dealer changed my insurance for me on the spot with the insurance company when I bought the car. That way my insurance company had the car details before I drove it home & there was no need to send them anything else.
    I the car cert doesn't come on Tues or Wed get back on to the dealer & tell them sort it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,499 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Lots of dealers now do the transfer online.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,157 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Ring Shannon and they will tell you if they have been notified by the dealer.

Possible though the dealer didn't get the log book from the previous owner and is just pushing the onus of getting it sorted onto you, the new owner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Get onto dealer again.

Advertisement