Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ducati hall joint

Options
  • 29-07-2016 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭

Bummer, failed the test today. Lower ball joint and a corroded brake pipe.
    The pipe I can make myself, but went to the motor factors to order the ball joint and the store man takes a deep breath.
    Fiat in their wisdom fitted three different size ball joints to the 2000 Ducato.
    So a rush to get the old one off so that it can be measured.
    At least it will be in the store by lunch tomorrow.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

That's why they call Fiat's - Fix It Again Tomorrow cars! Sorry I just could't resist it.

At least you will have the part tomorrow, when is the retest?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Hope to retest Tuesday, or as the fail sheet advises "within 21 days or 4000 kilometers".
    Which I suppose is fairly flexible for two items which are listed as "Major faults".

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭zambo

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Hope to retest Tuesday, or as the fail sheet advises "within 21 days or 4000 kilometers".
    Which I suppose is fairly flexible for two items which are listed as "Major faults".

4000 km could be a full years driving,did they saw whichever comes first (joking)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Fiat in their wisdom fitted three different size ball joints to the 2000 Ducato.

There are different stronger suspensions and brakes for the maxi model undertandably the ball joint is different and the joint taper for both was changed but I think that was 2001 so you shoudl be able to tell the correct part from your gvw.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Well she is plated 3500kg, removed old joint and left it with motorfactors. He had the correct one waiting for me the next morning, (21mm) and I have it fitted now.. €25.

• Advertisement
Advertisement