Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sand hills Tramore

Options
  • 29-07-2016 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭

Is there still public access and would it be suitable for bringing the children for a nature walk during the week

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,178 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Yes it is accessible, though there are (have been) a couple of areas fenced off. It would be suitable, though be warned that if a child goes running off it is possible to get lost - orientation can be a bit difficult once you are in the middle, and you never know what you might come across! Including 'lurkers' who are probably harmless but a bit disconcerting.

In general though, and especially if you mostly stick to the outer edges, there is lots of natural stuff to investigate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

Thanks mate what you mean lurkers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Thanks mate what you mean lurkers

lurkers me arse, i do be down there a few days a week and ive never seen a lurker, fair enough u get people camping down there the odd time. I think he means like everywhere in the world it is not a suitable place to let your kids wander around alone.
    I suppose everyone looks like a lurker down there if one is walking down there alone, it is fairly isolated.

"The Back Strand is a bird sanctuary and at low tide you will see many wading birds feeding on the sand banks. If you think that this might be a great area to swim, forget about it as the currents here are extremely unpredictable. It’s a refreshing and enjoyable walk."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

lurkers me arse, i do be down there a few days a week and ive never seen a lurker, fair enough u get people camping down there the odd time. I think he means like everywhere in the world it is not a suitable place to let your kids wander around alone.
    I suppose everyone looks like a lurker down there if one is walking down there alone, it is fairly isolated.

"The Back Strand is a bird sanctuary and at low tide you will see many wading birds feeding on the sand banks. If you think that this might be a great area to swim, forget about it as the currents here are extremely unpredictable. It’s a refreshing and enjoyable walk."

So basically what you're saying is, you're a lurker...! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

So basically what you're saying is, you're a lurker...! :pac:

i guess haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,178 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I don't think its a serious issue, but yes I have been down there with my (young adult) daughter when she was doing college research work and there was some guy watching her /us from the top of the dune, he thought he was behind the skyline but we could see him, he hung about for ages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

looksee wrote: »
    I don't think its a serious issue, but yes I have been down there with my (young adult) daughter when she was doing college research work and there was some guy watching her /us from the top of the dune, he thought he was behind the skyline but we could see him, he hung about for ages.

Was he eating a bag of tayto?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Was he eating a bag of tayto?

He was sunbathing 'au naturale' I assume.

Well known for that this time of the year.

Advertisement