Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2013-2016 Renault faults?

Options
  • 29-07-2016 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Have my eye on a 1.5 gt magane coupe 2013.

Ive never owned a renualt, are the electrics bad in the 2013 onwards models as a know they have a very bad rep in older models.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

lakegirl wrote: »
    Ive never owned a renualt, are the electrics bad in the 2013 onwards models as a know they have a very bad rep in older models.

No. Lubrication issues with 1.5dCi were solved as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Bigus

Later Renaults are very well sorted and also nice to drive and a bit of value.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 stillatit

I bought my 2010 Renault Grand Scenic when it was 3 years old in July 2013. It has now traveled 160000 KMS in total . It has been perfect, never needing more that routine servicing or normal wear and tear items (front brake discs, timing belt, tyres, bulbs) . I have it serviced by a local independent garage. It was a bargain price too. I intend keeping it for several more years. My experience it that it is completely reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 stillatit

Thanks

I also think you might have some manufacturers warranty left on that car. New ones have a 5 year 200,000 km warranty. It that was in place in 2013, there is a few years left

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I have an estate since 2010, mother in law is on her second coupe, no issues with any. Actually, there was one with mine, one of the CV boots slipped off and was spotted at the NCT, garage sorted that under warranty. Had to get the rear brakes discs and pads changed this year, and it's due a timing belt change.

I haven't had to change a light bulb in mine yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭moby2101

My wife has a 141 Megane Gt coupe, I thought she was nuts when she bought it because I had heard Horror stories about older Renaults.
    Have to admit I was wrong, it's a super car she has 70k up in it and not a single problem... Great to drive she has the automatic and I'd gladly drive it anytime
    Go for it!

Advertisement