Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part time/distance leaving cert

Options
  • 29-07-2016 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just looking for some advice or information, I'm currently contracted to full time work and am looking for the opportunity to repeat a full leaving cert, due to the nature of the employment, only part time or distance learning is an option, I've done a little searching but to little avail, any help would be great!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,143 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Night classes? Where in the country are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 jas376

gg1305 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just looking for some advice or information, I'm currently contracted to full time work and am looking for the opportunity to repeat a full leaving cert, due to the nature of the employment, only part time or distance learning is an option, I've done a little searching but to little avail, any help would be great!

Kilroy's College, Dublin does Leaving Cert by distance learning AFAIK. Check out their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭everesteduc

You could do it by yourself as an external student but you would need a good deal of dedication to keep studying on your own. The simplest subjects to do on your own would be the ones that do not involves a project. So, english, maths, business, economics, accounting, classical studies. You could also do irish and a foreign language but you would have to organise the oral exam with a school.

You could study physics, chemistry, biology on your own also but you are meant to have conducted the mandatory experiments. Some colleges hold one-day leaving cert experiment days so you could attend one of these.

Subjects like history, geography, religion, agricultural science, home economics and others involve projects so you would require teacher supervision.

You can register as an external student with www.examinations.ie around Christmas time. The cost for 3 subjects or more should be a little over €300. They give you a short list of dedicated external exam centres or you can organise it with a school that is convenient to you.

Advertisement