Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Phone option - 2008 Opel Insignia Elite

Options
  • 29-07-2016 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Looking for some advice. I bought an Insignia Elite 2 years ago which I though at the time had every conceivable extra on it. Turned out that it had all but one - the bluetooth phone kit. Why someone paid almost 45k for a car and didn't put this feature in it is beyond me, but anyways...

My quesiton is: What do I need to do to enable/install this feature? The car has all the buttons etc - on the steering wheel, the dash but try as I might, I cannot link my phone to it.

(I am slightly worried that I am being thick and the feature is installed and I am not using it correctly - is there any surefire way to check this?)

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

They came pre fitted with the hardware - buttons etc - but bluetooth was a €600 option at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

Do you know how to turn it on? (Preferably without paying the €600 of course ;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

It's not like you just turn it on. My wife was sold a 2 year old Insignia a couple of years ago and it was down as having bluetooth. We questioned the salesman and he insisted it had, look at the buttons! It didn't so we insisted they install one so they just installed a Parrot which was a satisfactory resolution.

Ah - so I guess ye mean the that buttons etc are installed, but the actual bluetooth unit itself is not. I picked up that this has been installed, but not activated.

Is there a way to retrofit these units? I am using the Aux jack to connect my phone at the moment which is ok, but would prefer to get a proper solution in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Advertisement

Thanks guys, appreciate the hekp. Seems far too big a job for the moment. Will stick with what I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭edburg

It can be retrofitted but you need someone handy with tech2web and MDI programme unit that Opel dealers use, to get the screen updated to show what your doing.

You can source a fair bit info and help of these guys in UK, Pecky would be the main man to talk to.

https://www.diagnostics.org.uk/help/forumdisplay.php/111-Insignia

I am surprised, like you, that Bluetooth is not there on the elite being there range topper, my 2009 had it with everything else.

A parrot kit would be easiest and cheaper way about it though.

Advertisement