Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rail ticket

Options
  • 29-07-2016 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

I want to head in to Croke Park on Sunday and would like to avoid the queues for tickets just before the train comes. I could easily head over to the station (Maynooth)early that morn and pick up the tickets then.

Does anyone know if this is allowed; Can you buy a train ticket a couple of hours before you intend to travel?
    I think I remember there was a condition that the journey must commence within 30mins of purchasing a ticket....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Tickets can be purchased up to 90 days in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 17,546 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

No issue with buying suburban rail tickets in advance on the day - you're getting mixed up with LUAS tickets with regard to the time limit.

Once you buy it you can use it whenever you want that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Reg_hurley

lxflyer wrote: »
    No issue with buying suburban rail tickets in advance on the day - you're getting mixed up with LUAS tickets with regard to the time limit.

Once you buy it you can use it whenever you want that day.
    thanks, that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,971 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Reg_hurley wrote: »
    I want to head in to Croke Park on Sunday and would like to avoid the queues for tickets just before the train comes. I could easily head over to the station (Maynooth)early that morn and pick up the tickets then.

Does anyone know if this is allowed; Can you buy a train ticket a couple of hours before you intend to travel?
    I think I remember there was a condition that the journey must commence within 30mins of purchasing a ticket....

A leap card is quicker again plus the fare is cheaper than the same fare at a ticket machine or office; €1.04 cheaper than a single fare and 92 cent cheaper than a return fare.

Advertisement