Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in Waterford City

Options
  • 29-07-2016 8:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Well Girl/Boy,

Looking at moving jobs to a job near the Three Ships pub (By the park).

Im looking for some advice on somewhere I can get Cheap/ Free parking close to there, im willing to walk a bit. The job is Monday - Friday 9-5.30.

Any suggestions? €5 on the quay every day just seems too much.

Thanks in advance
    Ned

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

By design, there really isn't that much "cheap/free" parking in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,934 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

ekboy wrote:
    Any suggestions? €5 on the quay every day just seems too much.

Think it's €4, but it does add up

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ekboy

Thanks for that. Yeah steep enough over the course of the month. Looking for monthly tickets around the city, havent fond one as of yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭ei9go

They will do you a deal in the Marina Hotel. Think 15 Euro a week

Thanks for the advice I will be sure to call them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,163 ✭✭✭✭looksee

There is a daily max of I think its €3.20 in some car parks, I think Bolton Street is one and Millers Marsh may be another. Parking in the underground car park near TKMaxx and the cinema, I can't remember what it is called, is also cheaper than other multistories. It would be a longish walk from there to the Peoples Park though.

Thanks a million looksee, will investiagte further and let you know. If the best is €3.20 I may aswell just park on the Quay for the sake of .80c.

Anybody know of its an issue to park in a residential area?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,056 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Call in to The Wander Inn, Johnny will let you park in his car park for a tenner a week.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭dzilla

Call in to The Wander Inn, Johnny will let you park in his car park for a tenner a week.
    ditto

Advertisement