Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RX 480 Power Demand

Options
  • 28-07-2016 10:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    Here is my computer spec, Can anyone tell me if I would be able to run a RX 480 8gb with a Corsair CX430?

ASUS H81M-PLUS
    Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB DDR3 Kit
    Intel Core i5-4460
    WD Blue Desktop 1TB

I currently have a GTX 950 and I reckon this would be a great upgrade, Im still only playing on a TV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Should be fine. The card uses 150-175w depending on which one you get. 200w max. I'd say the rest of your system uses about 100w max so that will put you in the sweet spot for efficiency with that PSU.

You could go for the 1060 either if you want even lower power consumption.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭pcuser

The 1060 never crossed my mind but seems like it would be a better buy. Lower power consumption and seems to be a tad better. Thanks Bloodbath

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

might even be a bit easier to get your hands on, especially if going non reference model

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭pcuser

Advertisement