Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hiss coming from my speakers all of a sudden

Options
  • 28-07-2016 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭

Background:

I was playing music (from the PC, connected to my NAD 100w amp) with the speakers pointed out into the garden the other day so the volume was higher than normal. Some of the sound files are excessively bass heavy and I'm wondering did I damage my speakers somehow (didn't play the track for long).

Since then there is a (faint) hiss coming from the speakers, mainly audible from soft vocals and piano. The bass end of things seems to be fine.
    Of course now when I watch a movie with the audio through the speakers it's wrecking my head because I can hear the faint hiss.

The speakers are Mission bookshelf ones, old but well looked after (small kids in the house so never crazy loud).

Any ideas folks?

Advertisement