Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on cheap as chips laptops!

Options
  • 28-07-2016 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I'm not a tech head at all. I really just want a laptop for YouTube, Spotify, Facebook, emails and streaming. Nothing fancy at all. So was thinking of getting a refurbished one. I have two links and was wondering if anyone would help me to choose one.

compu-zone.ie/index.php/laptops-1/hp-6710b-laptop-core-2-duo-2-0ghz-2gb-160gb-win-7.html

laptopsdirect.ie/a1-refurbished-acer-e5-411-intel-celeron-n2840-2.16ghz-2gb-500gb-14-win-8.-a1-nx.mtuek.001/version.asp

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

The first option is pure muck. Don't touch it.

The second option is marginally better, it's certainly a more modern laptop that will be better able to handle day to day tasks. The main drawback of it is that it is lacking in RAM, 4GB is preferable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

• Registered Users Posts: 27 melkat

Thanks guys :)

Anyone know anything about a dell d620? Any good?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

melkat wrote: »
    Thanks guys :)

Anyone know anything about a dell d620? Any good?

It was a great laptop 10 years ago, but now it absolutely shocking. I had one up until about 5 years ago that I used here and there. By the end it was only capable running linux and could barely run any web stuff at all.

I would guess you found this on somewhere like compu-zone again? Those sites prey on those who aren't so tech savy, and who are on tight budgets. The machines are worthless for the most part.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Viscosity1

There's a refurb dell available on gigarefurb.co.uk if you're willing to accept a refurb with a 1 yr (UK based) warranty.

Its GBP190 on the site but they take vat off if its being shipped to Ireland - comes in at GBP173 or around the E200 mark. Its 12.5 inch so maybe that would be too small for you - but you can take it anywhere.

'gigarefurb.co.uk/dell-latitude-e6230-intel-core-i5-3rd-gen-2-60ghz-8gb-ddr3-ram-128gb-ssd-windows-7-pro.html (can't post a link)
    Dell Latitude E6230, Intel Core i5 3rd Gen 2.60GHz, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 128GB SSD, Windows 7 Pro

• Advertisement
Advertisement