Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A question for Pokemon lovers

Options
  • 28-07-2016 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭

This has annoyed me for years and still does to this day why haven't nintendo or who ever done a proper next gen Pokemon game

Like basically the gameboy/ds games on a console an adventure game like the Witcher or Skyrim with Pokemon or is this the preverbial cookie been held onto by Nintendo as some way to keep people holding on to the franchise I'd love it and would probably play it to death as i have the original gameboy games Red/Blue and Yellow

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭beaner09

This has annoyed me for years and still does to this day why haven't nintendo or who ever done a proper next gen Pokemon game

Like basically the gameboy/ds games on a console an adventure game like the Witcher or Skyrim with Pokemon or is this the preverbial cookie been held onto by Nintendo as some way to keep people holding on to the franchise I'd love it and would probably play it to death as i have the original gameboy games Red/Blue and Yellow

The game is called Pocket Monsters. You play it on a portable console you can carry in your pocket.

You can only have a game that size (Skyrim) on a home console and Game Freak feel this takes away from the name of the game.

That's basically their answer whenever they get asked this question!

The closest you'll get to it is Colosseum/XD Gale of Darkness on the GameCube and that's a slightly different take on a Pokémon game. (Made by different developers, not Game Freak)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Yeah I had Pokemon Snap and Stadium back in the N64 days I just feel like its a massive missed oppurtunity to make loads of money , you'd probably be able to sell a console on the back of it too for when ever ninty is putting out there next console

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭beaner09

Yeah I had Pokemon Snap and Stadium back in the N64 days I just feel like its a massive missed oppurtunity to make loads of money , you'd probably be able to sell a console on the back of it too for when ever ninty is putting out there next console

Nintendos next console is rumoured to be a portable/home console hybrid using cartridges rather than disks, not overly powerful and again leads more so to continuing the traditional games.

Advertisement