Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Rattle under car

Options
  • 28-07-2016 2:37pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭

There is a sound coming from under my car which sounds like when you drag a bicycle chain along the ground, 05 avensis diesel, any ideas what this may be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Mech1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭duffman3833

could be exhaust shield, had this happen to my golf, it got rotted and became loose and that was my rattle. Did you look under car when its running. Best thing is bring it to local garage and ask to get it on a ramp see if they can see anything. The small indo garage should have no problem looking at it at least

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Indeed I had the same thing on my Megane , small garage stuck it on ramp , threw 2 screws into exhaust shield job done , refused to take any money off me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Most likely exhaust shield. It can be sorted easily and cheaply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭O.A.P

jezzer wrote: »
    There is a sound coming from under my car which sounds like when you drag a bicycle chain along the ground, 05 avensis diesel, any ideas what this may be?
    No.
    That's the kind of question that's impossible to answer without looking under your car.
    Maybe there is a bicycle chain caught up under your car.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭jezzer

Mech1 wrote: »

that is the exact sound

thanks for the replies guys, looks like it is the exhaust, i may bring her in to the garage

Advertisement