Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this worth buying?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,168 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

No mention of an IP rating, you may need to check its box out in a Lidl store.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Very little information spec wise. Its nice for a toy I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭xabi

That's exactly the kind of impulse buy i make when in Aldi or Lidl for bread and milk, do it OP.

Must check bread and milk supplies now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭harr

Got this last time they were for sale and have it sent up in corner of sitting room,don't have motion detection activated on it...my house alarm is monitored so if house alarm goes off I can check the camera on my iPhone,very easy set up and does the job I need it for ...you have the choice on app of pressing record or taking a snapshot...very good night vision in low light areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭retepnosnikta

If they are as good as their routers and their repeaters not a bad buy at all.As was mentioned, if you can use them to compliment your primary security without having to shell out big money why not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

harr wrote: »
    Got this last time they were for sale and have it sent up in corner of sitting room,don't have motion detection activated on it...my house alarm is monitored so if house alarm goes off I can check the camera on my iPhone,very east set up and does the job I need it for ...you have the choice on app of pressing record or taking a snapshot...very good night vision in low light areas.

Am thinking of buying an ip camera myself, but just curious as to how much data this one uses -I only have a 15GB per month package the moment but wonder would I have to upgrade to a bigger data bundle?

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Redlim

Sorry OP, this is not in relation to your link or for outdoor use but if anyone has any old/spare smartphone(s) lying around they can be set up as indoor security cameras for free using an app such as Alfred and connecting to wifi. Unfortunately I can't post the link but they can be found in the app stores.

Simple to set up with some useful features like motion detection with recording and notification, live video with 2 way sound, night mode, use of phone's flashlight, switch to front facing camera etc. You can have an unlimited number of cameras linked up also to monitor multiple areas.

Find it great for self monitoring until I go about getting proper perimeter security installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭Moanin

Thanks All. They were out of stock when I went to my local store yesterday!!!

Advertisement