Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trimming Speaker Cable.

Options
  • 28-07-2016 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hi there,im about to wire five b+w m1 sub sat speakers but the cable I have is a bit thick.Is it OK to trim down the excess copper strands and just use the main part which I can fit in .
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭SVI40

Have you tried using a pliers to twist the cable to tightly to fit? I used 12 AWG for my M1's and got it to fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Shamrock 64

SVI40 wrote: »
    Have you tried using a pliers to twist the cable to tightly to fit? I used 12 AWG for my M1's and got it to fit.

Hi there,I used 16 awg/189 strand,im surprised you got 14 awg to fit was it not too thick.I trimmed down the 189 strand slightly to fit.

No, it was fine, but a tight fit. It was only about 16 strand, heavy copper core in it.

The main thing is it fits,brilliant speakers,love them.

Yep, they're a lovely speaker. B&W make some great speakers.

• Advertisement

Anyway thanks for your help,nice to know someone else has them as well,enjoy your setup.

Advertisement