Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Max Height for a coach built?

Options
  • 28-07-2016 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,293 ✭✭✭

I'm looking at speccing out a shed to (hopefully) fit the current motorhome, but also for the next one.

What size opening and clearance will I need to be on the safe side? The current one is 3.1m high - how much higher do they go too? Next one will also be an overcab bed 6 berth coach built.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

Height - 3.2m, including TV dish, is probably about average.
    Width - 2.5m, including awning, is probably about average.
    Length - can vary from 5.5m to over 7.5m!

For your average coach built, a shed opening of 4mx4m should be loads, assuming no ramps etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,293 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Thanks, pretty sure I've the width and length covered, it's more the height that pushes it into the "workshop" category. Tried a few of the steel places, as most of their "garages" would fit a motorhome with just slightly higher walls and door compared to their standard ones, but none seem interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭JonMac

You could make the "foundation" concrete a few inches proud of the ground; not sure what you'd do in the door opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SeanKen

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Thanks, pretty sure I've the width and length covered, it's more the height that pushes it into the "workshop" category. Tried a few of the steel places, as most of their "garages" would fit a motorhome with just slightly higher walls and door compared to their standard ones, but none seem interested!

This one is topical for me as I am just in the process of installing a steel shed for the same reason as yourself.
    I have gone for a 10m x 5m overall dimension with a 3.2 wide x 3.5m high roller door. My current camper is an A Class which is pretty low profile at 2.7m high but i think (hope) i have any future camper covered at 3.5m. The problem for me is a bigger door just pushes up the overall height of the shed.
    I'm not sure where you're based but bought the whole kit from Halcon Steel in Tuam Co Galway. The frame is structural steel as opposed to cold rolled section offered by many of the custom shed suppliers. All the sections are still light enough that they can be handled without any lifting equipment (another reason to keep your dimensions as small as you can.
    Halcon are very competive & delivered the entire shed within 2 weeks of signing off on drawings

• Registered Users Posts: 9,293 ✭✭✭Macy0161

SeanKen wrote: »
    This one is topical for me as I am just in the process of installing a steel shed for the same reason as yourself.
    I have gone for a 10m x 5m overall dimension with a 3.2 wide x 3.5m high roller door. My current camper is an A Class which is pretty low profile at 2.7m high but i think (hope) i have any future camper covered at 3.5m. The problem for me is a bigger door just pushes up the overall height of the shed.
    Thanks - location wise isn't close but will drop them a line to see what they can do.

I have a recollection of donaghey's offering a car port type product. My initial man cave is getting eaten up by motorhome storage!

• Advertisement
Advertisement