Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Go Kart axle question

Options
  • 28-07-2016 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

Apologies - this is probably not the correct forum but could not find one that fitted better. I got a pedal go kart from a friend, its been sitting outdoors in the rain for 2+ years. It works fine - I'm replacing all the bearings on the wheels and tidying it up but the steering is still a bit stiff. I wanted to disassemble the front axle below in order to grease it or replace any bearing that might be in there - in particular the 'kingpin (?)' but it has no nuts, no grease nipple and seems to be sealed. Before I break anything I was hoping someone would have an idea on how it comes apart (if indeed it does). Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭blackbox

From the picture it doesn't look like it comes apart. Have you tried turning it upside down and pouring 3 in 1 oil into it? I would then leave it to soak for a while and then try working it from side to side until it frees out.

Advertisement