Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop blank screen 2nd opinion?

Options
  • 28-07-2016 4:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,321 ✭✭✭

My laptop stopped powering up a week or so ago.
    I brought it to a repair shop and he tried to fix it.
    He rang me and told me that he couldn't.
    He told me that he replaced the power socket on the laptop but it didn't work. He told me it must be the motherboard.
    He didn't seem to have an reason for saying this only that what he tried didn't work so it "must be the motherboard".

Would it be worth a second opinion?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,033 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Only things I can think of is the charger and battery but could be mother board

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

It depends on the symptoms really.
    My laptop stopped powering up a week or so ago.

Did any lights at all appear when you plugged it in? Did it make any noise when you press the on button?

It could well be the motherboard, but we also know nothing about this computer. (make, model, year bought etc)

Advertisement