Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Mondeo MK5 "Lane Keeping" aid doesn't seem to work fully

Options
  • 28-07-2016 1:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭

Anyone familiar with this? There is a camera that checks for lane markings and if you start to veer from your lane, it can either warn you with gentle vibrations through the steering (set to "Alert" mode) or actively steer the car back into the correct lane (set to "Assist" mode). Alert mode definitely works in the MK5 Mondeo, but Assist doesn't seem to. Anyone come across this? Wonder has it been purposely disabled for the Irish roads?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,675 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

3rdDegree wrote: »
    Anyone familiar with this? There is a camera that checks for lane markings and if you start to veer from your lane, it can either warn you with gentle vibrations through the steering (set to "Alert" mode) or actively steer the car back into the correct lane (set to "Assist" mode). Alert mode definitely works in the MK5 Mondeo, but Assist doesn't seem to. Anyone come across this? Wonder has it been purposely disabled for the Irish roads?

Does it definitely have the active assist? Didn't think Ford had that and it wasn't mentioned at the safety day Ford put on a few months ago.

Better off without it in my opinion, fine on the motorway but can get a bit confused on smaller roads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭maximum12

Jayzus , I find it hard to relax with cruise control! Can't imagine ever getting comfortable with a system that steers the car!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

R.O.R wrote: »
    Does it definitely have the active assist? Didn't think Ford had that and it wasn't mentioned at the safety day Ford put on a few months ago.

Better off without it in my opinion, fine on the motorway but can get a bit confused on smaller roads.

Yes, definitely on it as it's in the menu, but I suspect it has been disabled for here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

maximum12 wrote: »
    Jayzus , I find it hard to relax with cruise control! Can't imagine ever getting comfortable with a system that steers the car!

I love cruise control, but I'd tend to agree about the steering. I was just curious about this.

Cheers

Advertisement