Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best alternator for Ferguson 65 mk2

Options
  • 27-07-2016 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I have restored a mk2 65 Ferguson I want to run an alternator on it instead of a dyno can anyone who may have done this before tell me what vehicle car jeep truck is the best to get an alternator of to fit and work I tryd a 95 fiesta alternator it fit and the belt lined up with the pully wheel but it heated up my wiring loom. Thanks in advance for any information or advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Probably better response if posted on the Forestry and Farming Forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

I personally don't like the look of alternators on restored tractors, and I've found that a properly rebuilt dynamo will keep a battery topped up, unless you're doing a lot of start cycles, with short running time.

As for the one you tried, Can only imagine your loom is heating because the wiring is too small. A fiesta alternator will not be hugely powerful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭corglass

Agreed re the wires.

Wires are too small or load is too big.

Advertisement