Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Passat Cc - Rear reverse light issue

Options
  • 27-07-2016 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭

I have a warning for my left reverse light coming up. Bulb not lighting. Have switched bulbs with the right hand side and no luck so not the bulb. Also checked the fuse. Pulled back the boot lining and no wires i can see look damaged.

Anyone any other ideas? Or recommendations of someone who won't charge a fortune on the southside of dublin or north wexford

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Any sign of corrosion on the bulb holder?

Friend of mine has an a4 with a similar problem to yours we switched the holder with the one from my car and it worked got him through the nct .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

crasy dash wrote: »
    Any sign of corrosion on the bulb holder?

Friend of mine has an a4 with a similar problem to yours we switched the holder with the one from my car and it worked got him through the nct .
    No holder lioks fine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

if the holder bulbs and fuses have been checked it could be the wiring behind the holder

The switch on the gearbox is an on off sort of operation makes contact and thats that

They are normally cheap enough and handy to do ( i've done a few before never on a vw)

i'd rule that out as well

• Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭Cordell

Aftermarket parking sensors installed with those kind of wire tapping crimp yokes (their name eludes me atm) can damage the cable in a not so visible way.
    Also, because you get a warning, the bulb is lit by a computer rather than a switch. So, if the other bulb is on, the problem is between the said computer and the bulb. Hopefully it's the bulb holder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

No holder lioks fine

Sorry to question you on this, but what do you mean when you say holder looks fine?

Have you checked for voltage and ground at holder? Have you checked the same on the wires going to back of holder?

I would make sure these basic checks are completed first before trying anything else

• Advertisement
Advertisement