Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Recommend Washer/Dryer for Apartment with Low Pressure

Options
  • 27-07-2016 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi all,

I currently live in a fairly typical Irish apartment. Our water tank is about 1.5m about ground level in the storage room. The pressure from the tank is fairly weak but works enough for the power shower, dishwasher and main taps to be usable. However, I am having an issue with a washer dryer and a lot of the symptoms seem to point to low water pressure being an issue. E.g. I was looking up a new Zanussi machine and noticed that you would need ideally need your water tank in the attic of a two storey house to get a decent water pressure.

Could people recommend a washing machine (or just brand) that would work in this type of apartment? Or is there some cheap pump device I could hook up behind the washing machine?

I'm not keen on adding a pump to the whole apartment water as it's working fine 90% of the time so I'd prefer not to have another thing that could go wrong or need replacing.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

all machines will have similar solenoid valves so there wont be any difference in how they fill, if your dishwasher can fill and your washer wont there is a blockage, check the filter at the solenoid end and check the hose at the tap end there may be one there as well that needs cleaning. when you have the filters cleaned its a good idea to flush the hose into a bucket etc before fitting back to w/m. you could also remove the black rubber washer located inside the thimble like filter in the solenoid to up the filling speed a little

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭happyplants

Its four years on, but did you resolve this?

I'm having a similar issue. I'm told its water pressure, but I just don't buy it as its only just come on as a problem. The manufacturer has been out three times telling me this and even with a pump installed, they are saying the same...

Advertisement