Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lottery Prediction Software

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

This is actually Lottery Prediction Statistical Recording Software.

Assuming 'uniform lottery balls' and 'genuine process selection', there is no indication whatsoever, that past results will predict future results.

Saying that, you may get 0.05%c. margin of probability if the local lad/lady in your lotto/bingo hall selecting them has 'heavy slippery balls'.
    i.e. Lead-based painted numbers, with a high gloss finish that yields a low surface friction, enabling ease of selection via gravitational factors.

You best bet would be i) Read the 'secret' ii) Pray a fair bit to any/all heavenly god-heads iii) Download the app called 'psychic trainer' iv) Buy a red table-tennis ball and take a night course in 'remote non-time-linear based viewing'.

But also remember to donate 10% of any substantial wins to charitable causes, or there is a chance you might (in a fiery location), meet that well-fed chap who bought a new yacht using the lifetime pension fund savings of thousands of workers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭moonlighting

While i agree that the only true way to win the lottery would be with a time machine of some sort. my program works off past data for each lottery. you have common stuff like most popular numbers and also a list of least popular numbers. average and median number lists can also be built.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

my program works off past data for each lottery.

The most common number is '50' with x111 appearances in the Euromillions. But it was last drawn (in the twice weekly lottery) a lengthy 26days ago.

Again past data in an event where every candidate has a precisely equal chance of selection is meaningless. The balls don't have skill nor unique personalities, and the events are uniform and generally fair in their selection process.

This has good statistical-educational or novel-entertainment value all the same. Good luck anyway.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

The most common number is '50' with x111 appearances in the Euromillions. But it was last drawn (in the twice weekly lottery) a lengthy 26days ago.

Again past data in an event where every candidate has a precisely equal chance of selection is meaningless. The balls don't have skill nor unique personalities, and the events are uniform and generally fair in their selection process.

This has good statistical-educational or novel-entertainment value all the same. Good luck anyway.

Overtime- using a large dataset- in a truly random sampling environment- there is a 'smoothing' effect- which can be predicted (on a global scale- but not on individual draws).

For example- if you have data on a thousand draws- where everything else is equal- and can show that certain numbers have come out more frequently than other numbers- providing there is no bias- your best strategy is to bet against the numbers which have drawn most frequently- in favour of those drawn least frequently.

As a strategy- it has a higher statistical probability of yielding desired results- than does randomly choosing 6 (or however many numbers)- however, for any individual draw- choosing any 6 numbers have the same odds as featuring any other 6 numbers (if that makes sense).

I.e. you can predict a global population phenomenon- but not a local population phenomenon.

Personally- I think playing the lottery is nuts- and statistically you are best off by never playing- financially not playing is an a zero end game- versus playing- which is only a 50% end game- up to half of all money gambled is siphoned off for purposes other than prizes.

If you are going to play the lottery- using predictive software which focuses on the numbers which have least featured historically- is the way to go- but even that is a waste of good money.

Advertisement