Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playing Click track and backing 2 different channels..

Options
  • 27-07-2016 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi there, I really need some advice.. Im playing with a live band and need to send two outputs (a click track Mp3 to the drummer, and a backing track Mp3 to front of house) So basically i need a software that can play the two channels at once and a sound card to split in to two outputs.. can anyone help me PLEASE!!!!

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭fitz

Hi there, I really need some advice.. Im playing with a live band and need to send two outputs (a click track Mp3 to the drummer, and a backing track Mp3 to front of house) So basically i need a software that can play the two channels at once and a sound card to split in to two outputs.. can anyone help me PLEASE!!!!

Does the backing track need to be stereo?
    If not, just put the click on a channel in whatever DAW you want, pan that hard right, put the mono backing track on another channel and pan that hard left, and you can use a phone or iPod with a headphone splitter to feed the kick and track to your drummer, and using a mono jack cable plugged into the other output of the headphone splitter to just send that left channel (the track) to the front of house.
    Cheap as.

Advertisement