Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New GAA/GPA €6.2 million deal

Options
  • 27-07-2016 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭

Thought there would be a thread on this already.
    Some interesting stuff in the new deal especially the GPA getting 15% of commercial profits which I'm sure will rise year on year with the GPA having something to gain from it.
    The money for nutritionists is interesting, could be great for the weaker counties. They will also get to enter 1 motion per year to congress which I imagine will be related to Championship structures until thats passed.
    Also great to see a fund setup for former players who require surgeries.

More info here and here

Also some interesting comments from the former Munster council chairman regarding how it will create a bigger devide between club and county players here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

I think it's a very good move that the GPA get one congress motion per year.

The players really should have a lot more impact on policy making as they have a proper interest in intercounty football and hurling and alos they are of a younger age group than the vast majority of the delagates and can see the benefit of change and will be a lot ore progressive than most people involved in decision making in the GAA.

The only problem is getting the rest of the delgates to vote with them.

Advertisement