Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How much is my car worth (07 Merc SLK 200)

Options
  • 27-07-2016 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to find out a reasonable price to sell this car for.
    It's an 07 SLK 200 (1.8L) with 108000Km on the clock.
    NCTd until March 2017
    Taxed until April 2017

Pretty much perfect nick.

It's my missus car. She bought it as she has no sense (I'm not a car fan) and now we've a baby so a 2 seater convertible isn't a good car for 2 people with a baby.

Do any merc dealers buy cars outright? I've contacted a couple but haven't gotten any positive responses. I know I'd get less for it if I sold to a dealer. I'd also have less hassle. Less hassle is important.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭whippet

it will sell privately alright .. i'd advertise for about 10k and be happy with 9k if it is in 'perfect nick' etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 3 TheChillindian

Generally what i'll do is get a myvehicle.ie valuation report. Fairly cheap like €5 !! The insurance companies use their service for valuation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

Generally what i'll do is get a myvehicle.ie valuation report. Fairly cheap like €5 !! The insurance companies use their service for valuation

Just a question, but do you have any affiliation with myvechicle?
    Mentioned in 2 of your first 3 posts...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

5 grand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Jesus. wrote: »
    5 grand

The cheapest 2007 slk on carzone is 11k. Where are you getting that from?

Op, contact some garages and see would they sell it on a commission basis. M6 motors in galway used to offer that service, I'm sure they still so. Or else stick it in merlin auctions.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

The cheapest 2007 slk on carzone is 11k. Where are you getting that from?

Op, contact some garages and see would they sell it on a commission basis. M6 motors in galway used to offer that service, I'm sure they still so. Or else stick it in merlin auctions.

Why would they go the Merlin route if they haven't tried selling it yet? I know the OP said they don't want hassle, but it'll cost them thousands.

OP, take good pictures on a bright day. Take all angles (front, sides, rear and interior) include as much info about the car as you can in the ad (work done, NCT status, mileage, tires etc). And put an ad on donedeal. I'd say it's not the kind of car you will sell quickly as it is quite niche, but you should find a buyer if you're prepared to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mickoneill31

Jesus. wrote: »
    5 grand

If you're ever selling any cars give me a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ah jaysus Jesus, stahp

Advertisement