Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraic Duffy

Options
  • 27-07-2016 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,971 ✭✭✭

Is this lad the greatest bluffer ever to walk on two legs. Last week he was out saying that a video review of major instances would ruin the game and wasn't workable outside Croke park despite there being cameras at pretty much every inter county game. Now I see he's blaming at attendances being down on the euros, Dublin being strong and cork being weak. Nothing about him presiding over the decline of both codes.
    The lad is a spoof. Mulvihill had some vision but I would let this lad run a sweet shop never mind a huge organisation like the gaa.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭alphasully

Here here, I'm starting to get worried about the future of the GAA as it seems to be losing fans hand over fist.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I don't get the opposition to TMO's at all. With all the time wasting & diving that already goes on, added to all the mysterious bouts of cramp at "convenient" times, subsitutions taking a year and a half to enact, plus all the obligatory jibber jabber to the ref before, during and after every controversial decision....we already have plenty of instances of the game being slowed down. Bring in a TMO and eliminate backchat to the ref (like they have done in rugby) & you'd probably speed up the game, not slow it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Be careful what you wish for.

Jarlath Burns has watched too many episodes of Game of Thrones and House of Cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

That's His Excellency Uachtaran Burns to you, you cheeky pup !

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭commonsense.

Attendances are slipping because the products (both hurling and football) are becoming less appealing to the masses. I've lost practically all interest in Football over the last few years. And as regards hurling, well I was looking forward to last Sunday's hurling double bill but it was a bore fest. Fell asleep in the armchair. Nuff said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,971 ✭✭✭threeball

Attendances are slipping because the products (both hurling and football) are becoming less appealing to the masses. I've lost practically all interest in Football over the last few years. And as regards hurling, well I was looking forward to last Sunday's hurling double bill but it was a bore fest. Fell asleep in the armchair. Nuff said.

Not according to Mr Duffy. His lordship has decreed that our games are in great shape and it's just a couple of anomalies that will right themselves in time. No need to worry about football being almost unwatchable, no need to worry that hurling is heading the same way. No need to worry that players train at a ratio of about 20:1 in terms of matches played. Tis all sound according to good auld Padraicin.

A true visionary for the association. A man whose foresight will see us well I to the future. If he took his head out of his arse long enough he might see the cliff that's in front of him but that's asking to much. He'll head off for an auld lunch with Frank and discuss how wonderful the new Pairc will be when it's full once a decade.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

Mulvihill was a visionary. Duffy is no Mulvihill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

There is not a whole lot he can do though.

Every major decision that is made congress decides.

The people who can make real change are the GPA and really they should be far more militant than they are.

I'm pretty certain the players are by and large fed up with the training to matches ratio and having **** all games to play in summer.

I'm sure there are a lot of inter county footballers fed up with the overly defensive path the game has gone down in the last 10 years.

I doubt 10% of players are actually happy with the competitions structures and yet nothing will be changed because of congress and the old timers that it consists of.

The players should be having a much bigger role to play in decision making in the GAA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

The people who can make real change are the GPA and really they should be far more militant than they are.

I'm pretty certain the players are by and large fed up with the training to matches ratio and having **** all games to play in summer.

I'm sure there are a lot of inter county footballers fed up with the overly defensive path the game has gone down in the last 10 years.

I doubt 10% of players are actually happy with the competitions structures and yet nothing will be changed because of congress and the old timers that it consists of.

The players should be having a much bigger role to play in decision making in the GAA.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,971 ✭✭✭threeball

He's the head honcho and his opinion carries weight. Coming out against everything and proposing nothing makes him as bad as the fuddie duddies at congress. At the very least he should suggest solutions but this clown sits on his well paid hole and does sfa. He's actually regressive rather than progressive. The GAA could easily double their revenue with a real business man at the helm. This lads a county councillor at best and a bad one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement