Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help with VRT

Options
  • 26-07-2016 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

So here's the deal,

I bought a vehicle in the UK in 2015. I planned on bringing it over immediately but I had no space to store it in my Irish residence so it was left in a relatives garage. I have always lived in Ireland, never in the UK. However, last week I finally brought it to Ireland as I created a bit of space for storage and I have the proof of shipping to prove.

I have V5C form, proof of address, proof of PPS, proof of identity.

I do not have the vehicles invoice (or at least I don't believe I do). The revenue website states that the invoice must show date of purchase on it. Considering the V5C shows the date of purchase, would that be sufficient?

I wasn't given a receipt because it was a private sale. I have seen people post on this that its possible to produce your own invoice. Is it as simple as tearing a page from a refill pad and scribbling down the date, price and location of purchase?

Furthermore, I am unsure about some things on the VRTVPD1 form. I do not know what the sellers contact number or his VAT number are. Does this matter?

Am I good to go for VRT inspection or will I encounter a problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

jangobobb wrote: »
    So here's the deal,

I bought a vehicle in the UK in 2015. I planned on bringing it over immediately but I had no space to store it in my Irish residence so it was left in a relatives garage. I have always lived in Ireland, never in the UK. However, last week I finally brought it to Ireland as I created a bit of space for storage and I have the proof of shipping to prove.

I have V5C form, proof of address, proof of PPS, proof of identity.

I do not have the vehicles invoice (or at least I don't believe I do). The revenue website states that the invoice must show date of purchase on it. Considering the V5C shows the date of purchase, would that be sufficient?

I wasn't given a receipt because it was a private sale. I have seen people post on this that its possible to produce your own invoice. Is it as simple as tearing a page from a refill pad and scribbling down the date, price and location of purchase?

Furthermore, I am unsure about some things on the VRTVPD1 form. I do not know what the sellers contact number or his VAT number are. Does this matter?

Am I good to go for VRT inspection or will I encounter a problem?

You can just write you own letter of sale . e.g

"I X Person sold Such and such a car to Y person on such and such a date for €XXXX " and just jot down some signatures .

You don't need contact number or VAT number for the seller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭savagethegoat

it's the date of import that's important, write yourself a receipt with that date.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jangobobb

You have made things a lot easier and a lot less stessful. Thanks

I don't suppose you know about certificate of exportation? Sent one off from v5c form but haven't heard anything back for weeks. Does it go to Irish authorities or do DVLA just keep it to themselves for records?

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

jangobobb wrote: »
    You have made things a lot easier and a lot less stessful. Thanks

I don't suppose you know about certificate of exportation? Sent one off from v5c form but haven't heard anything back for weeks. Does it go to Irish authorities or do DVLA just keep it to themselves for records?

It goes to the DVLA. You probably won't hear anything back , although I'm not sure as the UK seller sent mine off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

You need to fill out a VRTVPD2 for private buyers.A VRTVPD1 is for dealers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement