Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can i upgrade this laptop, PLEASE REPLY

Options
  • 26-07-2016 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Im thinking about buying the TOSHIBA SATELLITE S50-B-15N and im wondering, could I insert an internal SSD into it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Yup. It'll be a 2.5 inch drive already in it which can be swapped out for any 2.5" ssd you want to put in. You'll have to reinstall windows of course and the existing drive may well have a Toshiba recovery partition on it which the replacement drive won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 LordLemon

wait, (correct me if i'm wrong) it has 2 drives,a 1tb hard drive and then a 8gb SSHD for windows, are you talking about swapping the SSHD

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

LordLemon wrote: »
    wait, (correct me if i'm wrong) it has 2 drives,a 1tb hard drive and then a 8gb SSHD for windows, are you talking about swapping the SSHD

That's all the one disk, its a 1TB hard drive with 8GB ssd cache integrated into it. Just One disk though.

OOOooooooooooooooooooooooooook, btw i already got a BEAST of a pc

so windows is installed on that 8gb?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

No, as far as i know it caches the most frequently read files so that they are accessed quickly, any files not cached will be accessed from the hard drive as normal, at normal speeds

Advertisement