Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fonfix, why no customer service

Options
  • 26-07-2016 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

to quote their website
    Our Mission Statement is:
    "To become the most successful service organisation in Ireland by
    providing an unrivalled excellence in customer service"

I think this is the first website i have visited that does not have a tel number/contact page, i found their number on some local directory and all you get is an automated voice, you cannot get through to anyone,
    now look at their mission statement above, seriously WTF????

as one of 2 licensed Huawei screen repair shops I am not spoiled for choice - IF I could go elsewhere i would based on their annoying lack of contact info!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Geckko

tommytee wrote: »
    to quote their website
    Our Mission Statement is:
    "To become the most successful service organisation in Ireland by
    providing an unrivalled excellence in customer service"

I think this is the first website i have visited that does not have a tel number/contact page, i found their number on some local directory and all you get is an automated voice, you cannot get through to anyone,
    now look at their mission statement above, seriously WTF????

as one of 2 licensed Huawei screen repair shops I am not spoiled for choice - IF I could go elsewhere i would based on their annoying lack of contact info!!!

Steer well clear of this mob.

If you are happy to drop your phone into a black hole and just wait to see if it gets returned, go ahead.

But note that this company has no telephone service (just a record message), any fax number you find for them doesn't answer and the "contact us" button on the website, which is supposed to open up an inquiry form, is a dead button.

There is NO way to get in touch with these people if you send them your phone. They literally do not want to correspond with you in any way.

For me, that is a red flag. I wouldn't ever do business with a company like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Their primary business is B2B, they do everything to discourage retail custom.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 gobrien

As noted above there is no way to contact a human with these guys.

I sent a Moto G to them for warranty repair at Motorola support's instruction. The phone will not boot. The Fonfix docket says they upgraded the software and it now meets manufacturers spec. However, it's still in exactly the same state it was before, still doesn't boot ... so hard to see how they could update the software and they clearly made no effort to fix it.

Don't go any where near this shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭tommytee

update,
    actually i did go to them as only one of two that were recommended by Huawei Ireland and also to keep warranty in place.
    I found them excellent and professional, their online update system was great, but yes their lack of phone number was annoying at the time, luckily I work close to their offices so not a biggie

• Registered Users Posts: 45 doggystyle

Fónfix....arrrgghhhh. dont get me started. This week i will send my handset away for the 3rd time at my own expense to these shower. Phone S6 was dropped on the ground in the wet, and straight into a puddle she went. Screen smashed, water definately got in, as it ran out of it. Contacted insurance co. €75 excess paid and 7.50 to send to fonfix. Handset returned, lovely new screen. Home button at almost 45degree angle and no mention on the jobsheet of investigating for liquid damage. Charged phone and switched on...phone switches off. On and off, on and off. Contacted insurance co. again. Send to fónfux again with cover letter stating WATER DAMAGE. Phone comes back with jobsheet "no fault found, software upgrade". Phone still doing its tricks when its plugged in. Have to send it again tomorrow. And conveniently, no way of speaking to anybody in the company. How do they monitor things like customer satisfaction?? Avoid if possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭nheav

doggystyle wrote: »
    Fónfix....arrrgghhhh. dont get me started. This week i will send my handset away for the 3rd time at my own expense to these shower. Phone S6 was dropped on the ground in the wet, and straight into a puddle she went. Screen smashed, water definately got in, as it ran out of it. Contacted insurance co. €75 excess paid and 7.50 to send to fonfix. Handset returned, lovely new screen. Home button at almost 45degree angle and no mention on the jobsheet of investigating for liquid damage. Charged phone and switched on...phone switches off. On and off, on and off. Contacted insurance co. again. Send to fónfux again with cover letter stating WATER DAMAGE. Phone comes back with jobsheet "no fault found, software upgrade". Phone still doing its tricks when its plugged in. Have to send it again tomorrow. And conveniently, no way of speaking to anybody in the company. How do they monitor things like customer satisfaction?? Avoid if possible.

Agreed, shower of cowboys is the best description I could give for them.

I had used MPRC (Same company from what I can tell, just different trading name) a couple of times years ago and never had a good experience with them. Had then gone to fonemenders a few times who I thought were brilliant!
    Luckily haven't had to go to anywhere like that for a long time at this stage until last Friday.
    From what I can see Fonemenders are gone (or at least gone from Sandyford) and MPRC are now Fonfix (was hoping it would have upped it's game a bit)

Basically dropped my phone in to a guy on reception who didn't look in anyway like he wanted to be there. Told me to check the website for updates and that they'd only call me if it was out of warranty. (It was less than 2 years old for a phone with 2 year warranty so would only have been out of warranty due to water or similar) Told me otherwise to come back at 2:30 as they are closing at 3.
    I was also told that due to data protection the first thing that'll happen the phone when it comes in is that the memory will be wiped.

Went home, checked the website and had some cryptic message with warranty in there somewhere so I went back over to them at about 2 (a good hour after the message appeared on their website) and I was greeted with "Oh I was just about to ring you" (Was taking his time obviously)

So basically the result of it was that my phone was out of Manufacturers warranty (guessing the phone was sitting in a stock room for at least 3 months before it was sold to me - which is obviously not fonfixs' fault) and that I need to get a proof of purchase, but it would be Monday before anything would happen with it (maybe, had he rang me when the message went up online I could have sorted this out straight away and might have had time to fix it before closing)

Since there is less than 3 months warranty left on my phone and I am planning on getting a new one soon I decided to take it away and get it fixed in one of the unauthorised one's who had quoted me €35 and 40 minutes to do the job!
    I was then charged €15 to take my phone back because I brought it through the front desk service - I really wouldn't regard what I had as a "Service" They basically typed the IMEI number into a website to get the warranty info and that was it! I would have done it myself had I thought there would have been any doubts over the age of the phone!
    And finally I asked if he could confirm if the memory was wiped or not, to which I was told "The technician didn't leave any notes, but I assume it was" when I asked if he could ask the technician directly (who I'm guessing was just up the stairs" he basically replied with a long winded no!!

After I got it fixed in Nutgrove by FixEZ I turned the phone back on and all the memory etc. was intact.
    I am not complaining about this, but it leaves questions as to why they broke their own policy regarding data protection?

I then sent them an email on Monday asking for a refund as no service was provided and asking around their data protection policy and I have found that 2 of the email addresses that are on their receipts/invoices are not valid and the only way (I can find) of contacting them is through their front desk email address, and who knows if that's even monitored! I haven't heard anything back 2 days later anyway!!

Sorry about the rant, but I will never bring a phone in there again if there is anyway at all to avoid it! And I would recommend anyone to try find an alternative!!

Advertisement