Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT payment question

Options
  • 26-07-2016 3:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭

Hello folks.

I was on the NCT site just there and they said I need to have a credit card to book a test, but I do not have a credit card, so does anyone know what I do in this case ?. How can I book it if I have no credit card ?.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Hello folks.

I was on the NCT site just there and they said I need to have a credit card to book a test, but I do not have a credit card, so does anyone know what I do in this case ?. How can I book it if I have no credit card ?.

I always book with a debit card...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

I don't have one of those either sadly.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

From https://www.ncts.ie/1112
    How much will the test cost and what are the payment methods?
    The NCT fee for a full test is €55 Euro and a re-test costs €28 Euro (both fees are inclusive of VAT and maybe subject to change). Re-tests, which do not require the use of test equipment, will be free. Free re-tests cover items, for example, a visual inspection to check that faulty windscreen wipers have been replaced.

If you cancel / rearrange a confirmed appointment with less than five working days notice (Mon. - Fri., not including the day you contact NCTS) or fail to show up for the test, a €22.00 surcharge will be applied when you next bring your car for testing. A similar surcharge of €11.50 will apply in the case of a re-test.

NCTS will accept cash, laser/Debit cards and all major credit cards (excluding American Express).

It also says however on the main booking page
    Please note you need a credit/debit card to complete this booking.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

You can pay on the day of the test at the centre in Cash, you may have to ring them to arrange the booking in this instance though.

I'm impressed you manage to survive without either in this day and age though. :D

dar83 wrote: »
    You can pay on the day of the test at the centre in Cash, you may have to ring them to arrange the booking in this instance though.

I'm impressed you manage to survive without either in this day and age though. :D

I got rid of the credit card a while ago, had no choice. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,345 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Either use a credit card belonging to a friend to make the booking and pay cash on the day or go down to your centre in advance and book and pay cash upfront.

Not sure if you can walk in and book but I suspect the online booking requires a credit card so they have some way of billing you if you fail to show up with the required notice of cancellation.

Ring them: Phone: 014135994 - (Monday - Friday: 9am - 4pm)

coylemj wrote: »
    Either use a credit card belonging to a friend to make the booking and pay cash on the day or go down to your centre in advance and book and pay cash upfront.

Not sure if you can walk in and book but I suspect the online booking requires a credit card so they have some way of billing you if you fail to show up with the required notice of cancellation.

Ring them: Phone: 014135994 - (Monday - Friday: 9am - 4pm)

Will do. Thanks for the info, I'll ring them tomorrow and see what they say. If I have to I will get a lift over to them at the NCT and ask to pay up front. Thanks folks.

Advertisement