Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre-season 16/17

Options
  • 26-07-2016 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭

Tottenham 1 v 2 Juventus

When I saw the team Poch put out I was worried that there might be a cricket score at the MCG.

Things started fairly ropy. Two down inside 15 minutes. With no recognised left back, young Will Miller had to drop in there. He's usually a No. 10.

The match settled down and both teams eased into half time.

We had the best of it in the second half. Lamela and Onomah came in. They probably had more match fitness thanks to the Copa America and the U-19s Euros.

Janssen didn't seem to get much of a kick in the first half and came off around the hour mark.

Wanyama played well throughout. Was composed and strong in midfield. Even though he did well to set-up Lamela's goal, I still think he needs to work on his passing.

CCV was strong at the back too. He looks and runs like Caulker.

Shayon Harrison and Marcus Edwards came on with about 15 mins to go and both played confidently. I hope they both get a good run out in the domestic cups this season.

Overall not too much to be displeased about, it was your typical pre-season friendly. A shadow of the side that will start come the 13th of August.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,639 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

That Edwards guy looks a proper good player in the very little bit I've seen of him. Still a couple of seasons away from the 1st team but he looks exciting.

Juve have played and won 5 or 6 pre season games already and put some big scores on good teams so 1-2 ain't so bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

That Edwards guy looks a proper good player in the very little bit I've seen of him. Still a couple of seasons away from the 1st team but he looks exciting.

Juve have played and won 5 or 6 pre season games already and put some big scores on good teams so 1-2 ain't so bad.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3708910/Tottenham-care-Marcus-Edwards-says-Mauricio-Pochettino.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Lamela was our best player in this game from what I hear,came on and changed the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

That Edwards guy looks a proper good player in the very little bit I've seen of him.

Looks good but he has a long way to go in his development.

I'm hoping the likes of Onomah and Shayon Harrison can fly under the radar with all the attention on Edwards.

Onomah looked more natural playing from deep yesterday, rather than pushed out on the wing. He could be our Vieira Pogba commanding centre midfielder of the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

mwZjZ7uwSleQrDJ87yw9_teams.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,639 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Hope Trips impresses as much as possible before Walker returns.

Both CB's look tidy. No weedlings.

Soft goal, Eriksen giving it away.

Impressive performance, Madrid keeper made several strong saves. We really weren't troubled much.

Instantly like Janssen, just not blessed with pace. Played mostly the youth team, who all performed better than expected.

Yeah good performance.

Poch is adding some good quality competition into the squad. Mason had a good game when he came on, obviously knew he had to impress with Wanyama, Dembele and Dier in midfield.

Janssen will be a good foil for Kane. They can both play up front alone but I could see them working well together too.

Onomah is growing with confidence with every minute on the pitch. Looking forward to him being given more time.

I like Carter Vickers at the back, he's strong. Though might he lack pace?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I thought Winks did well when he came on against Juve: http://tottenhamhotspur.blogspot.ie/2016/07/video-harry-winks-vs-juventus.html?m=1

And Will Miller looks like he has great quick feet: http://tottenhamhotspur.blogspot.ie/2016/07/video-will-miller-vs-juventus.html?m=1

CpGbFH1XEAAU8ro.jpg:large

Strong team out today.

No room for Wanyama or Janssen. Looking forward to see if Poch experiments with playing Janssen and Kane up front together at some point.

Kane's back!

Cracker!!!

Look great with two up top.

Janssen off the mark.

The last time we hammered an Italian team (Roma) in the last friendly of pre-season we ended up getting two points from eight games in the Premier League.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

The last time we hammered an Italian team (Roma) in the last friendly of pre-season we ended up getting two points from eight games in the Premier League.

😂😂😂 positivity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

Hopefully Lamela can have a big year. He has all the tools, and looks full of confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Was at the game in melbourne. Great night amongst the OzSpurs. Shame they couldn't get a result.

Carter Vickers has Torres in his pocket was a reasonable chant going on.

Some bloke brought a cardboard cut out of Dele Alli. He was sat close to the front so created alot of Dele Alli chanting up the stands.

Looked alot tidier against Inter Milan but these pre-seasib games scorelines are meaningless.

Lamela is the big takeaway from all of this. He looks fired up.

• Advertisement

Hatch99 wrote: »
    😂😂😂 positivity

I'm all about positivity. Though just don't want to let a friendly get our hopes up too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I'm all about positivity. Though just don't want to let a friendly get our hopes up too much.

I don't wanna overreact, but after that result against Inter it's looking likely that we'll win the league.

Ormus wrote: »
    I don't wanna overreact, but after that result against Inter it's looking likely that we'll win the league.

Add the CL, FA Cup, and every other accolade. Otherwise I'd consider the season a failure.

Advertisement