Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanting to start playing WOW but have some questions..

Options
  • 26-07-2016 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

I've recently been contemplating playing WoW (never seen all what the hype was about previously) and have found a few questions such as what server/realm do you pick to play on for EU? And whats the difference between the races, or is it all about lore? Also I've read somewhere that there is a RAF scheme which gives extended experience from questing and would this be a good idea to find someone to play with?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,260 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

First of all, welcome!

Secondly it all depends on what way you like to play, do you like player v player? If so a PVP realm might be the best for you, but all other servers do allow PVP so you're not limited to just those servers.

Same goes for Roleplaying, there's a good few servers out there that cater to those and they're usually the most populated but again its down to how you want to play.

Races are now mostly cosmetic, they used to have some big racial differences but thats been phased out in recent expansions.

Your choices are Alliance or Horde.

Alliance are:

Human
    Night Elf
    Dwarves
    Worgen (Wolf Men)
    Gnomes
    Pandaren (Pandas)

Horde:
    Orcs
    Undead
    Trolls
    Tauren (Cow Men)
    Blood Elves
    Pandaren Also
    Goblins

The RAF also gives you and a friend double XP boost for both of you, im not sure what level it is to anymore, but they need to buy the base game and a months subscription.

If you need anymore advice you can add me on battlenet on vicxas#2314 :)

Welcome to Azeroth!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

If it is your first time playing then I wouldn't recommend using the Recruit-a-friend bonus. Why?

The RAF bonus means you level up with x2 or x3 the speed of a normal play-through. This means you get the end game/max level ridiculously quickly, and will miss out on quite a lot of the features and areas of the lower levels.

Typically, a brand new RAF player will get to the max level and not know how to play their class correctly, or even how to play the game very well.

The game will take you through a variety of zones, generally every 10 levels or so. Each 10 levels will give you access to some new dungeons (5 player instanced scenarios where you fight several strong enemies for a chance to win/find some strong items and armour for your character) and you'll just enjoy the game more.

Levelling is very easy and straight forward now, so the insentive to use something like RAF is greatly diminished.

Regarding realms, you'll notice that most PvP realms (I am not sure on PvE as I don't play on them) are heavily populated in one faction's favour. e.g Tarren Mill (my realm) is 90% Horde players.

Advertisement