Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's a Nice Change!!

Options
  • 26-07-2016 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,616 ✭✭✭

For the last week I've been practically checking in with the Star Trek forum every couple of hours for updates! It's only now I'm just realising how great it is to have real forward momentum back in the Trek world again.

I was in college when TNG was in full swing. I was a fan for my final year or two in secondary school so it was great to meet up with a bunch of like minded Trekkers in University. That led to a Star Trek society being formed which showed new TNG episodes, plus the Irish premiere of DS9. They were great times and there was so much to keep up with.

Things really quietened down a few years later and even the official films ended on a very disappointing note. I'd check back here every few months just to see what was going on but, apart from run throughs and discussions about some aspects of past shows, there was never too much to sift through. Even the JJ verse films angered fans so didn't really get taken seriously around these parts.

Now there's a new show on the way, and a new movie that's getting good reviews. I'm off to see Beyond later but I'll be leaving my Trekker hat at home just in case. All the same, the arguments over the Discovery, and the speculation over when the new TV show is set is brilliant. It's great to think that Star Trek is back and still keeping us talking! Long may it live and prosper!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

Agreed- it's good to see it. If we weren't arguing over the latest Star Trek, it would mean we don't care, so long may we argue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,729 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

jacksie66 wrote: »
    But I think we can all agree that Into Darkness was a pile of sh1te..

So say we all!

Whoops, wrong show! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I enjoyed Into Darkness more than '09 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,616 ✭✭✭squonk

Myrddin wrote: »

Myrddin banned for life :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

You should know better than to make posts like that!!

Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

You should know better than to make posts like that!!

Lol

I did though :o I watched both over two nights, & 09 just does nothing for me at all. Into Darkness has its flaws, but just seemed more enjoyable than 09 for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I did though :o I watched both over two nights, & 09 just does nothing for me at all. Into Darkness has its flaws, but just seemed more enjoyable than 09 for some reason.

Well we all have our likes I suppose. I know know girl who really thinks that Janeway was a good Captain. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,616 ✭✭✭squonk

Well we all have our likes I suppose. I know know girl who really thinks that Janeway was a good Captain. :P

LOL!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

I enjoyed Into Darkness more than Beyond....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I enjoyed 09 and Into Darkness. Flaws and faults for sure. But they are not poor movies and you can show them to a non trekky much easier than the TNG movies
    I haven't seen Beyond yet. I would wager I'll enjoy it too.

I'm the weird one I suppose. I've watched all the movies and shows and enjoyed them. I don't "hate" any of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

jacksie66 wrote: »
    But I think we can all agree that Into Darkness was a pile of sh1te..

I like Into Darkness just fine. Not my favourite of the three latest films, but still enjoyable enough.

But, but... Janeway is a good Captain.

Isn't that why kids these days are always saying WWJD? What Would Janeway Do? - Is that not what that stands for?

Advertisement