Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

V5 help...

Options
  • 26-07-2016 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Am a VRT virgin and have the heebee jeebies.

Bought a car from a main dealer in NI on 9th July. He provided me with an invoice and the V5 form, including Section 11 (i.e. the notification of permanent export). He put an asterisk beside Section 11 and told me that this will be completed and taken from me at the NCTS office and they'll do everything else.

This is the only part of the form that was completed and I have the V5 form (including section 11). From trawling on the internet, I half think I should have sent this piece off to Swansea before the VRT inspection (due tomorrow)?

Anyone, be able to shed light on what I need to do here? Or should the dealer have sent this off?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

If you have the full V5 document then theres no need to worry

Ncts / vrt will look after that. You did the correct thing holding onto the full document

Ideally dvla do like the export notice sent into them but don't worry about it.

You can still take that section off and send it to them if you want.

Advertisement