Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Passat fog light retro fit

Options
  • 26-07-2016 9:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭

Is it a straight forward job to retro fit standard VW foglights to a 03 VW Passat?

Parts needed?
    Fog lights
    Grill Covers
    replacement dash Switch to include front fog light

Is the wiring loom for the fog lights already in the car or does it also need to be replaced?

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Confirmed!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

For all my misgivings about foglights, the reality is that if you are going to the effort and expense of fitting them to a 03 passat, you're not doing for the sake of the 3 times a year we get real pea-souper fog conditions.

In other words, forget subtlety , no need for another switch, just use a relay and tap the relay signal off the sidelights. Fit an inline fuse close to the battery that can be removed if you want to disable them for NCT or whatever.

I did it that way for a friend. Ran my own wires separate to the loom. Aftermarket copies ( I suppose) of the VW fogs from Latvia or Lithuania via eBay. Yer man already the grill covers to suit. I had a poor selection of bolts to hand and spent half the install time hacksawing bolts to suit without anything to hold the bolt when I was sawing it.

So a relay, wire, inline fuse holder,stainless steel bolts and nyloc nuts can be added to your list if you got that route..

edit - actually I'm not sure if you need the nyloc nuts. Its a good while since I did it.

Advertisement