Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opel insignia

Options
  • 25-07-2016 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Thinking of changing car currently driving a 1.0 3 door Opel corsa2005 and thinking of buying a 09 Opel insignia for 7700 88k miles on it .

Are these a bad or good car?

I'm sick of asking family and they have something negative to say about any car I suggest so do you have experience working on or owning a 09 insignia or them In general

What are they like? What should I look out for ? Should I go for it ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

What engine is in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

2.0 diesel

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Bull76

Hi,

I have an Insignia, my gf had one, my brother and his gf had one also. I've driven a few of them and have always liked the car. Very comfortable, nice speed and acceleration. Has given very little problems over the years. I drive the elite and others have had the SE and S. all a fine car.

May I ask what's years did ye own bud?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

I love the fact you are sick of asking family because they are negative about every car so come on here :) ha ha

I've always loved the look of the insignia, my 1st ever impression of the car was wow, what's that , then shock it was a Opel . my brother in law came over from England and he had a hired car, he had petrol insignia , never been more dissapointed in a car .

Saying that like the poster above push on a few years a guy at work has the 2.0 diesel and he ravs on about it .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I had an 09, 12 and 151 Insignia. Very comfortable. 2.0 diesel is economical and smooth. Features are superb. Never a moments trouble and a joy to drive.

Thanks for your feedback.

I needed feedback from people that actually owned this vehicle. Thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭duffman3833

Once a car has been taken care of with full service history and all documents then you shouldn't have any major problems. Id rather pay more for a well looked after car than a cheap one with feck all history

I'm still looking around in no rush but came across this
    http://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2009-insignia-2-0-ctdi-Sri-nav-128bhp-5dr/12848551

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Tindog76

I own a 11 Insignia and have it just shy of 2 years. Was never a fan of opel/vauxhall before but it looked and drove really well on a test drive. I have the 2.0l diesel, 160bhp. Plenty of bells and whistles for the price. Only disappointment I can say of it is the radio. It's okay, but not great. I get it serviced regularly and the only thing that I have had go wrong with it was the boot sensor. Checked how to change it on YouTube, ordered the part and had it replaced in under an hour, and I am by no means a dab hand like some others on here around cars.

Best of luck if you do go for one. Like others will advise, do your homework on any you set your sights on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

wally1990 wrote: »
    2.0 diesel
    I had an 09, 12 and 151 Insignia. Very comfortable. 2.0 diesel is economical and smooth. Features are superb. Never a moments trouble and a joy to drive.

How many diesel options are there? Is the 2 litre a refinement of the First/GM 1.9? Where does the eco flex diesel come into it?
    I looked up engine sizes and types for petrols and diesels, mainly it said the 1.8 petrol was not great, the 1.6 petrol was turbo charged, and then it covered that some of the diesels were eco flex and had co2 emmisons of 99g/km (highlighting that their motor tax level is low, this being a UK site).
    When I checked online for Ireland there didn't seem to be the range of engines, in particular the variety of 1.9/2.0 diesels and no 1.6's if I recall correctly, well none in anything but new or almost new cars.
    So are the 2.0 litre diesels really the same 1910cc diesel from before but refined?
    I'd ruled out the possibility of getting diesel again, barely justifying it now and only have one on the basis that it's an old 1.9tdi lump that's pre dpf that is ( fingers crossed) reliable.
    On the basis of engine reliability, I'd have considered a 1.9 later model vectra, but I'd prefer hold out a bit more and get a newer car possibly insignia with lower emmisons ( wholly to not be creased on the tax).

Advertisement