Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any brides with an ileostomy bag?

Options
  • 25-07-2016 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all, new to boards. Just wondered if there is anyone out there who has any experience of shopping for a wedding dress while having an ileostomy bag? I have one due to severe ulcerative colitis and any styles I like would make the bag obvious when it fills and the big ones which cover it would make it difficult to empty and/or change the bag. Getting married next year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Shoesy wrote: »
    Hi all, new to boards. Just wondered if there is anyone out there who has any experience of shopping for a wedding dress while having an ileostomy bag? I have one due to severe ulcerative colitis and any styles I like would make the bag obvious when it fills and the big ones which cover it would make it difficult to empty and/or change the bag. Getting married next year.

I know my cousin has a colonoscopy bag, and for the wedding dress she paired up with a girl who done clothes alterations and she added a hidden zip so her bag could be accessed easier and some room was added for it to fill.
    Now to be honest, I would never have noticed her bag at all, it was only a few weeks after she was telling me all that!
    So minor alterations could help?
    Good luck and congratulations for your wedding :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Shoesy

Thank you for the reply. I will definitely look into this. A zip, so simple, I don't know why I didn't think of it. That's so helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Qreq

I'm afraid I can't help you with a wedding dress, but you might find something else useful from these companies websites (I can't link them due to new user restrictions): Comfizz, OstomySecrets, SuportX, Vanilla Blush, White Rose Collection. They make lingerie, support wear, and swimwear for ostomates. You might also like to check out the Ileostomy Association's site - it has an Irish section and a forum for ostomates.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Ask in the Crohn's Chat Thread in this Forum Shoesy. :) Or maybe ask in the Weddings Forum? But I think you might get more responses in the Crohn's Thread in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Skyfarm

Shoesy wrote: »
    Thank you for the reply. I will definitely look into this. A zip, so simple, I don't know why I didn't think of it. That's so helpful.

great name choice op!

Yoda feels the penny of enlightenment has dropped

• Advertisement
Advertisement