Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The flag on the hill

Options
  • 25-07-2016 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,178 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone notice the 'flag rock' has been painted white? Its a complete eyesore, the flags looked better. If it had to be painted better to have painted it grey, at the moment it is just asking for graffiti.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭The_Shotz

I would imagine, either Waterford or Kilkenny supporters have painted (in order to paint their colours) it white and no doubt it will change multiple times before the All Ireland Semi Final.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Fishy1

I wonder would it have anything to do with the Waterford Walls festival? Maybe they're going to paint something up there as part of the festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

As far as I heard, a local company painted it for promo purposes and there was uproar as they painted over the pieta house number. They then apologised and repainted it to what it is now.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

As far as I heard, a local company painted it for promo purposes and there was uproar as they painted over the pieta house number. They then apologised and repainted it to what it is now.

Yes you are indeed correct, It was painted white about ten days ago and then last Thursday morning Kollect.ie erected a banner up on it, i heard they were slated on social media and by 2pm the same day, the banner was gone, and rightly bloody so imho.Since then, someone has put back up the Pieta House text number, but it looks cat to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭BBM77

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Yes you are indeed correct, It was painted white about ten days ago and then last Thursday morning Kollect.ie erected a banner up on it, i heard they were slated on social media and by 2pm the same day, the banner was gone, and rightly bloody so imho.Since then, someone has put back up the Pieta House text number, but it looks cat to be honest.

It always look cat no matter what is painted there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,178 ✭✭✭✭looksee

BBM77 wrote: »
    It always look cat no matter what is painted there.

I've always been amused by the flags - and they are are not all that noticeable, unlike that huge patch of screaming white which catches your eye. Really poor thinking on Kollect's part, that hijacking a local tradition will go down well with the locals!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Yes you are indeed correct, It was painted white about ten days ago and then last Thursday morning Kollect.ie erected a banner up on it, .

Entertaining reading

https://www.facebook.com/kollect.ie/posts/542617115943515

imho the council should fine them for defacing the cliff face, they are a private company that knowingly has admitted to vandalism (even the people that painted the flags are not stupid enough to openly admit to it)

Advertisement