Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Subaru Legacy - calipers slider pins

Options
  • 25-07-2016 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭

My 05 Legacy (petrol) has 217k kms on it and the calipers on both sides (front) rattle on rough surfaces at low speed. The brakes work Absolutely perfectly, it's just an annoying rattle. I tried a quick fix by adding more grease to the pins and refitting them and it worked for a few weeks but it's back again.

My question is, will new slider pins cure the problem or have the holes become enlarged through wear and new pins Make no difference? The slider pins are quite expensive for what they are and I dont want to waste money if it won't cure the problem.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I wonder if these are the ones with a little rubber sleeve. Did it look like a sleeve were missing? Snaps of the pins?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

No the little rubber sleeves are still in place and in good enough order. The rubber sleeve is only on one of the pins (by design) I dont know why its not on both as it would add a level of snuggness (sp) to the other pin too.

I think I'll just order new pins and see if they cure the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Aye, the rubber may not be as good is it was. I'm sure new pins won't be expensive.
    Let us know how you got on and take a few snaps :)

Advertisement