Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spraoi 2016 this weekend July 29

Options
  • 25-07-2016 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭

Any one see brochures around?,I know can see it on line but like to browse old school.
    Should be brilliant as usual.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Max Powers wrote: »
    Any one see brochures around?,I know can see it on line but like to browse old school.
    Should be brilliant as usual.

There was brochures in Dunmore Road Maxol!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Remember... we should all be handing over 'gimme 5'....€5 this weekend.local support needed for spraoi to continue providing top class entertainment, music etc and raising Waterfords profile in what is one of Ireland's top festivals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭larchielads

Are ye allowed drink on the streets and is there any outside gigs tonite? ?

Are ye allowed drink on the streets and is there any outside gigs tonite? ?

Drinking on the street..no.

Spraoi excellent as always.
    Saw bit today but geraty and Thom were very good, funny, brilliant.

Don't forget to gimme 5€ lads, well worth it and everyone should be handing over at least that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

I saw a man on a unicycle on a tight rope juggling and singing Somewhere over the Rainbow. All at once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

Can you donate online? I'm not at home but I know how important Spraoi is

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭The Bowling Alley

Morbid and Sons the highlight so far for me. A comedy masterclass that will hopefully get the opportunity to travel around the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 regtower

Are buses running from the Dunmore Road into the Spraoi today does anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

You can donate online www.Spraoi.com with PayPal

I just donated 20, a small price to pay for the entertainment I've had from Spraoi over the years.

• Advertisement

O Riain wrote: »
    You can donate online www.Spraoi.com with PayPal

I just donated 20, a small price to pay for the entertainment I've had from Spraoi over the years.

Fair play o'rian gave twenty myself yesterday, well worth it.has to be supported, get your badge or arm band

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

wat time does fireworks start at

• Registered Users Posts: 37,964 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Amazing fireworks

Perfect view from home

How was the parade ???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Originally from Waterford but come back for spraoi almost every year. Another great weekend and hats off to all involved as it goes from strength to strength every year.

Parade was great, the standard of the floats was very high. Each one had a nice theme and the attention to detail was super. I watched by the clock tower.

We went back to the car which was parked at "flowers by Rita" to watch the fireworks - the fireworks themselves were great, but we had a group of scobes beside us who ruined it for families - drinking and throwing bottles, general scobe talk with lots of expletives and a complete lack of respect for the families gathered. I was with my brother who said they have family only / alcohol free zones in Galway for similar events, but maybe one to take on board for future years?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

First year I missed Spraoi but got in for the parade late with the nephews but crowed seemed bigger than last year so didn't get to see it! Fireworks we saw from the quays but it amazed me that traffic was allowed down it, a hazard seeing the amount of people watching from there.

It's a shame that there were so many youths out drinking as there was a fair share of broken glass most places we went andown people just littered the place with rubbish. No respect.

Sully wrote: »
    First year I missed Spraoi but got in for the parade late with the nephews but crowed seemed bigger than last year so didn't get to see it! Fireworks we saw from the quays but it amazed me that traffic was allowed down it, a hazard seeing the amount of people watching from there.

It's a shame that there were so many youths out drinking as there was a fair share of broken glass most places we went andown people just littered the place with rubbish. No respect.

there was no traffic on the quay??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

It was open to traffic immediately after the fireworks to facilitate those parked.

We parked behind flowers for Rita, end of the fireworks show we drove down the quay towards the tower, turned around at the shaws roundabout and came back and up Thomas street there were still barriers at the bridge hotel, so no through traffic. Was dodgy enough with the crowds, perhaps next year they just ban cars altogether off the quays.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

There was a bit before and during the fireworks. A bus drove down to watch the fireworks at the roundabout. A taxi came down and eventually did a UTurn. A number of other cars passed through before and during too, including tourists.

Sully wrote: »
    There was a bit before and during the fireworks. A bus drove down to watch the fireworks at the roundabout. A taxi came down and eventually did a UTurn. A number of other cars passed through before and during too, including tourists.

wow i never noticed, thats insane considering the crowds that were there

Advertisement