Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

September camping

Options
  • 25-07-2016 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

Has anyone here been camping in September..I have talked the missus into giving it a go the only problem is we can't go till late September..
    I'm worried the cold might put her off ..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Has anyone here been camping in September..I have talked the missus into giving it a go the only problem is we can't go till late September..
    I'm worried the cold might put her off ..

In a motorhome?

Last september was very mild. Not below 10 degrees at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Camdec

In a motorhome last mid September in an isolated part of Kerry with no problems and didn't need heating, not sure about a tent but there are very good sleeping bags to be had now

I didn't start the stove until late October last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

I've done it many times as a Scout leader, it's no problem if you have the right equipment. I've camped in March with snow on the ground, and temps dropping to -5C at night and have been very comfortable. A few suggestions, your tent should have a separate inner and outer layer to prevent condensation and improve resistance to wind and rain. Don't be tempted to use a large tent for one or two people, it will never feel warm inside. Get some folding camp beds that get you up off the ground, you will be more comfortable and warmer. Use a foam mat or self inflating mattress on the camp bed, it helps insulate you from the cold. Use good quality sleeping bags rated for comfort to at least 0C or even -5C and you will not be cold. Enjoy!

Advertisement