Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec alarm fault.

Options
  • 25-07-2016 12:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭

Got back from a trip away, and upon entering the house put in alarm codes.

The display panel is just displaying "call engineer" and "battery".'

The alarm is going off on the outside box, but thankfully the inside isn't.

Anyone any ideas how to shut this thing up?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You can power it down by opening the main control panel. Remove the mains fuse and the plastic link marked battery.
    The system will power down. If the external bell does not stop immediately it will run down in 15-20 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Cheers KK, just got back home and its already went quiet.
    (I'm sure the neighbours love me now)

Where does one purchase a new battery, as that's what I presume it needs due to the word "battery" on the control panel.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Any suppliers would stock them. It's 12 volt DC 2.1 amp.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 serg 74

Hi,everyone, i,m replaced the battery in astec alarm 63DV,but it is still flashing :BATTERY,is bad battery or some different problem?Thanks

Check the battery link to the top right of the PCB is connected correctly.
    After that remove that link & remove the mains power, then replace that link & see if the panel powers up. If it does then replace the mains power. The fault should then clear.

• Advertisement

KoolKid wrote: »
    Check the battery link to the top right of the PCB is connected correctly.
    After that remove that link & remove the mains power, then replace that link & see if the panel powers up. If it does then replace the mains power. The fault should then clear.

Sorry, but how I can now , it's connected correctly or not, I'll try make picture tomorrow , thanks

Just power it down completely as I described & power up on the battery first.
    That will clear the problem or confirm the battery is not powering the system.

Just power it down completely as I described & power up on the battery first.
    That will clear the problem or confirm the battery is not powering the system.

When I'm powered down completely, but battery is connected, alarm bell start working and battery not powering the system, I'll try today all what you described and see what happens

Have you a multimeter to check the battery voltage?

Have you a multimeter to check the battery voltage?

No, I don't have, but yesterday at evening time the fault lights is off and battery sign not flashing any more,I don't know for how long time, but everything working now, thank you very much for your help

• Advertisement

Maybe the battery was not charged when you got it. Hopefully everything is ok now.

Advertisement