Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New SSD

Options
  • 24-07-2016 11:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭

So I tried installing the official drivers for a 360 controller on Win 7. It now appears I need to reinstall Windows and replace my HD. I'd like to pick up a SSD tomorrow to install windows to. This means I'll have to forego to discount of an online purchase. Any suggestions for a good drive available in a store in Dublin? I'm looking at the Crucial 480 gb in Komplett.

Any advice on moving windows to a new drive is welcome.

For those wondering, the system could not get past Classpnp.sys when booting, even in safe mode. Windows recovery tools couldn't help either. Nor could booting from windows cd.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Argos do a 240 GB sandisc add 119 euro.

That said adverts have two in Dublin same sandisc 480 GB. Around same price.

Actually scratch that last seen the Samsung 500 is only 145 on complete.

Advertisement